Today we will take a look at the best faucet filters of 2020. Find the perfect filter for your home as we discuss the pros and cons of the most popular filters on the market. Read our reviews and buying guide to help you pick the right faucet water filter for your needs!
Probably the simplest and most convenient method of filtering water in your home is by using a faucet mount water filter. Most of them attach very simply to the faucet head and provide you with clean filtered water straight away.
Some of the benefits of faucet water filters are as follows:
- They are efficient in removing some of the most water contaminants in drinking water;
- They are easier to install than any other types of water filters – including under-sink filtration systems – because they are smaller and fit most standard faucets.
- These filters work best if you don’t have enough space to install more massive whole house water filters or if you want to filter only the drinking water in your home.
- They are, obviously, more affordable than almost all types of water filtration systems on the market.
Add to this the fact that they require very little maintenance, then you have a very convenient water filter for your kitchen.
Today, we take a closer look at the best faucet water filters of 2020 so far to help you make the best choice!
11 Best Faucet Water Filter Choices in 2020: Reviews
Next, we discuss each of the models we tested and reviewed in more detail. Find out which contaminants they remove, how long the filters last, if they offer good value for money, which one we recommend, and more.
1. PUR PFM400H Faucet Mount Water – OUR TOP PICKThis water faucet filter from PUR comes certified to remove over 70 contaminants. The PUR faucet filters are actually certified to remove more contaminants than any other similar products in the same price range and tech specs.
Does the PUR water filter remove lead? Absolutely! It boasts lead removal of up to 99%, 96% of mercury, and 92% of pesticides. These are impressive figures for a water filter that costs a lot less than a reverse osmosis system. The activated carbon filters will also improve the taste and odor of the water and are great for reducing chlorine.
PUR PFM400H Chrome Horizontal Faucet Mount Water Filtration System with 1 MineralClear Filter Tech Specs and Features
The system is easily installed and will fit most kitchen faucets. A 360-degree swivel head enhances usability and means it even fits well in awkwardly shaped sinks.
- Filter life indicator
- High contaminant reduction
- Certified filters
- Great tasting water
- Good value
The system has a built-in filter life indicator. This feature has recently been upgraded, and the battery life has been improved by 60%.
The three-light system will show a green light when the system is running well, and also warn you when it will soon be time to change filters, and when the filters are done. The filters should last around 3 months or 100 gallons of use, but the indicator will let you know for sure.
This filter comes with a lot of handy features but doesn’t come with an excessive price tag. It performs really well in every area, and in our opinion, this is the best faucet mount water filter.
- Pur Advanced Faucet Filtration System: PUR Advanced Faucet Filter In…
- Faucet Water Filter; PUR’s MineralClear faucet filters are certified…
- WHY FILTER WATER? Home tap water may look clean but may contain…
2. Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter System – BEST BUDGET BUYThis Kabter unit is another of the best faucet water filters you can buy right now. The manufacturer designed this faucet filter with a sturdy and convenient design that’s long-lasting. With a no-leak guarantee thanks to the ABS plastic, you don’t need to worry that this isn’t a high-quality purchase.
It’s also effortless to use, and at the flick of a switch, you’ll have clean water. Once you’ve installed this unit, you’ll love that it doesn’t take up much room on your counter space. It’s also designed to fit most faucets, and your purchase from Amazon comes with a standard male and standard female adapter.
Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter System Tech Specs and Features
The most beneficial aspect of this water faucet is its effectiveness to reduce contaminations within your water, including benzene, asbestos, mercury, lead, and more. This is all down to the filter being filled with activated carbon and much more.
- Takes less than 5 minutes to install
- KDF55 kills bacteria forming within tap water
- Stunning chrome finish for a luxurious touch
- Lasts around 200 gallons of water (3 to 5 months, depending on the quality of your drinking water)
As a result, you’ll experience clean, fresh water that is tastier than ever before. This product helps to eliminate a sour aftertaste and reduces chlorine, plastic smell that can put you off drinking plenty of water. You’ll never have to purchase bottled water again with such easy access to tasty, healthy tap water.
This water filter can kill bacteria from tap water. It also makes tap water smell and looks more appetizing by reducing a cloudy texture and chlorine scent.
- How to clean water？- Filter filled with Activated Carbon, Food Grade…
- Improves taste – Get rid of that horrible chlorine smell and sour…
- Sturdy Convenient design- Made from durable, no-leak Food grade ABS…
3. DuPont WFFM350XBN Electric Metered Deluxe Faucet Mount – FEATURE PACKEDThis is the best water filter faucet for the amount and qualities of its features. This Dupont water filter comes with a really useful digital meter that displays how many gallons of water that the filter has made safe. This means that you can change your filter at the right time, and make sure your water filter is always working efficiently and effectively. The digital filter has a lifetime battery too so you don’t need to worry about it failing.Like its competitors, the DuPont system will reduce many of the most common U.S. water contaminants, like heavy metals ( lead and mercury), and also chlorine and cysts. However, this DuPont system’s filters are WQA certified to assure their quality. It also comes with a huge 4-year warranty to give some peace of mind.
DuPont WFFM350XBN Electric Metered Deluxe Faucet Mount Tech Specs and Features
It is easily installed and will fit comfortably onto most faucet heads. The filters have a special antimicrobial coating that is said to enhance performance and lifespan. This means that the filters are a little more expensive than some others though.
- WQA certified filters
- Awesome digital meter
- 4-year warranty
- Antimicrobial protection built-in the cartridge housing and media for improved filter life
- Designed to attach to most standard kitchen faucets
- Installs in minutes with the use of pliers
- Includes two metal faucet adapters
The unit we have looked at is the more attractive nickel finished version. The alternative white and chrome finishes are cheaper and come with the same features.
The warranty, WQA certificate, and digital meter make this Dupont water filter a system of real quality. If you want to remove sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury, and lead from your drinking water, you can rely on this faucet filter.
- Easy-to-read electronic display shows how many gallons faucet water…
- Ultra performance filtration improves; taste, odor, and clarity of…
- Includes filter which reduces sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane,…
4. Instapure F2 Essentials Water Filter System – GREAT VALUE FILTERSInstapure’s faucet mounted water filter really stands out because of the value of the filters. They are the cheapest we have come across, and considerably cheaper than the DuPont filters. If you ever wondered what is the best faucet water filter for the price/value ratio, we would definitely mention this one as a recommendation.
Another nice feature is the built-in switch which allows you to change between filtered and unfiltered water to extend the life of the filter.
Instapure F2 Essentials Water Filter System Tech Specs and Features
The filters are actually NSF certified for the reduction of chlorine to ensure they are of high quality and will remove chlorine from the water to a set standard.
- Certified for chlorine reduction
- A cheap but efficient water faucet filter
- Elegant chrome finish
- The built-in knob extends filter cartridge life by allowing to choose between filtered or unfiltered water
- Includes faucet filter system and 3-month filter cartridge
- 1-year warranty
The system does not have a filter life indicator, but the filter housing is clear so you can easily see what condition they are in.
Like most faucet-mounted filtration systems, this one is really easy to install and doesn’t require any tools or special skills.
This one is great for chlorine and offers great value too. It doesn’t have a negative impact on your water flow either.
- Faucet water filter reduces bad taste, odor, and chlorine in drinking…
- Built-in knob extends filter cartridge life by allowing the choice of…
- Chrome finish and clear cover fit the modern decor
5. PUR FM-9400B 3-Stage Horizontal Water Filtration Faucet Mount – GREAT TASTING MINERAL WATER
This PUR faucet filter features some outstanding contaminant reduction levels. It is a 3-stage system, which will remove up to 99% of lead, 97% of chlorine (odor & taste) as well as heavy metals (like mercury), cysts, and asbestos. The 3-stage system features a third mineral stage that will replenish your water with healthy alkaline minerals like calcium.
It may not work as well as some of the best water ionizers on the market, but if you want mineral water from the tap without installing an additional alkaline water machine in the kitchen, this is the best faucet water filter for the job.
PUR FM-9400B 3-Stage Horizontal Water Filtration Faucet Mount Tech Specs and Features
This water filter faucet serves to make the water taste great too. This is a great feature that isn’t common in water filter faucets. These filters aren’t expensive either and come in at a reasonable price.
- Great tasting mineral water
- Built-in electronic LED indicator for filter life
- Filter life: up to 100 gallons (two to three months)
- Great value filters
- Easy One-Click installation
- PUR units are incompatible with pull-out or hand-held faucets
The water filter comes in a nice chrome finish but is also available in white and gray (at extra cost). It features an electronic filter life indicator so you can easily keep track of when its time to change the filter. It’s really easily installed and maintained, and even has a switch to toggle between filtered and unfiltered water to preserve the filters.
This is another awesome unit from PUR. The mineral filter is a great touch that elevates it from the competition. This PUR water filter reviews really well on consumer sites like Amazon too. All in all, this is the best faucet water filter for alkaline water on the market today.
- Purr, chrome, horizontal faucet mount, with LED indicator, 3 stages…
- Adds Extra shine to your product
- Manufactured in China
6. Brita On Tap Water Faucet Filtration System – BUDGET BUYThis is one of the cheapest water filter faucets we have looked at. It may be cheap, but it’s definitely not a bad filter either. It lacks the features of more expensive competitors, but is still capable of reducing levels of lead, chlorine, and asbestos among others.
The filters are actually not as competitively priced as the unit and compare with the cost of the PUR and Culligan brand filters. This is explained by the electronic meter on the filters which measures their use and lifespan.
This Brita water filter system filters out around 60 most common water contaminants such as 99% lead, chlorine (taste and odor), benzene, etc. Just like most Brita water filters available on the market, this unit also comes with tremendous environmental value. One BPA-free Brita faucet filter can provide up to 100 gallons of filtered tap water, replacing up to 750 standard 16 oz. plastic water bottles.
Brita On Tap Water Faucet Filtration System Tech Specs and Features
The filter’s changing on time is an easy task due to the helpful status indicator. It lets you know when your filter is working and when it needs to be replaced with a 1-click filter replacement. The filters should last for 100 gallons of use or around 3-4 months for the average family.
- Great value unit
- Digital filter life meter
- Easy to install
- Great environmental value
Installation is very straightforward, requiring no tools. The Brita On Tap faucet water filter will fit the majority of kitchen faucets with ease. Keep in mind that it does not fit pull-out and spray-style faucets.
This Brita faucet filter reviews really well with regard to value for money. It’s one of the cheaper models on the market. It’s a solid and dependable performer.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT: This Brita water filtration system attaches to…
- REDUCES LEAD: The water filter system filters out 60 contaminants such as…
- FILTER CHANGE REMINDER: A helpful status indicator lets you know when…
7. DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter – SOLID & DEPENDABLEThis model from DuPont falls in the mid-price range and packs some useful features. It will protect your household water against sediment, chlorine, cysts, linden, benzene, asbestos, mercury, and lead. It will also improve the taste and odor of your drinking water.
DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter Tech Specs and Features
DuPont coats their filters with a special antimicrobial layer, which will protect and prolong the life of the filters. It will maintain a good water flow rate at the faucet and doesn’t noticeably reduce the pressure.
- Effective filters
- High water pressure
- Long-life filters
The DuPont filters are a little more expensive than most other brands, but they are of high quality.
A small gripe is the lack of a filter life indicator. Instead you would need to change filters when you notice a drop in pressure, or notice a change in the taste of the water. This model comes very highly regarded on Amazon by its reviewers.
This is a really solid performer that you can rely on to protect your house from harmful contaminants. Besides its looks and enthusiastic customers’ reviews, this faucet water filter also boasts quality and a strong reputation.
- High-performance filtration and better-tasting water…
- Includes filter which reduces sediment, chlorine, cysts,…
- Improves the taste, odor, and clarity of your water…
8. PUR PFM800HX Bluetooth Faucet Filter – MODERN & CONVENIENTThis PUR model is smart and innovative. It uses a Bluetooth system to send information to a free smartphone app. On this app you can track your water usage, as well as the state of your filter. It can be set to remind you when to buy new filters or change them.
PUR PFM800HX Bluetooth Faucet Filter Tech Specs and Features
Aside from its futuristic features, this is a dependable water filter which will protect against 99% of lead and over 70 other contaminants, including 96% of mercury and 92% of certain pesticides.
- Bluetooth functionality
- Low maintenance
- Great filters
- Great tasting water
The PUR filters are actually certified to remove more contaminants than the other brands.The PUR filters also use activated carbon made from coconut shells that will absorb contaminants and improve the taste and odor of the water. The water is also filtered over natural minerals which will add healthy calcium to the water.
This kitchen faucet water filter is one of the pricier available, but it comes with features others lack. If you value convenience above cost, then this is the one for you. This is the best water filter faucet for those with a hectic lifestyle.
- ULTIMATE FAUCET FILTER: This Bluetooth-enabled water filter easily…
- FAUCET WATER FILTER: PUR’s MineralClear faucet filters are certified…
- WHY FILTER WATER? Home tap water may look clean, but may contain…
9. JIANFA Faucet Water Filter – LONG LASTING, EFFECTIVE FILTERSThis water filter faucet has some of the longest lasting filters that we have come across. They are said to last 200 gallons or 4 months of use. JIANFA Faucet Water Filter are so confident in these figures that they actually offer a money back guarantee, should you not reach these marks.
JIANFA Faucet Water Filter Tech Specs and Features
This model is great for targeting chlorine, but will also protect your water against sediment, cysts, benzene, asbestos, mercury, lead, and bacteria. The filters use a special blend of activated carbon, calcium sulfite and a high purity copper-zinc alloy called KDF-55.
- Long-lasting filters
- Great for chlorine
- Money-back guarantee
The carbon and calcium sulfite trap pesticides, herbicides, chlorine and other contaminants by absorbing them. The layer of KDF-55 then combats hydrogen sulfide, lead, mercury, arsenic, and other heavy metals using a chemical reaction.
It is really easy to install too. Twist, flush, and you’re good to go. This is one of the best water filter faucets we have looked at. It’s durable, effective, and deserves consideration.
Long-lasting, effective filters. The money back guarantee shows real confidence in the product too. The product comes with enthusiastic users’ reviews and with a strong reputation, so it is definitely worth your attention.
10. InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES – AS CHEAP AS THEY COMEThe model from InstaPure comes with ANSI/NSF certification. This means that it has passed extensive tests to prove its effectiveness in filtering chlorine. It will also protect your home from organic impurities and heavy metals.This model comes with a really surprising price tag. I was shocked that water filters came as low priced like this.
Instapure F2 ESSENTIALS Tap Water Filtration SystemTech Specs and Features
This model might not have the features of the more expensive models, but it certainly won’t put a hole in the bank account. It does have a couple of nice features though.
It fits most standard Delta, MOEN, KOHLER, American Standard, Pfister, GROHE, Peerless & Glacier Bay faucets and taps.
- Cheap filters
- NSF certified
- The lever on the F-2C allows easy change between filtered/unfiltered water
- Chrome base with clear cap
- No tools necessary for installation
- For best performance, you should change your filter every 3 months
As you have seen above, this faucet water filter has a switch that allows you to change between filtered and unfiltered water. This means you can save the life of the filters by not using them for tasks like watering plants, or cleaning windows. It is also very easily installed with no tools.
This Instapure faucet water filter – just like all filters coming from this brand – reduce 99% of lead, 99% of microbial cysts, 99% of VOCs, and 97% of chlorine taste & odor.
A great value system that’s not flashy, but does its job. Instapure filters use high-quality coconut carbon filtration that absorbs organic compounds and pollutants while providing a great water taste with less waste.
- Lever on the F-2C allows the choice between filtered and unfiltered…
- Certified ANSI/NSF for the reduction of Chlorine (Class II) taste and…
- Chrome Base with clear cap
11. Culligan FM-15A – REPUTATION & VALUE BUYThe Culligan FM-15A is easily installed in next to no time (installation video). It will simply screw on to most faucet heads. The filter is NSF certified meaning that you can be assured of the quality of its component parts. It will reduce contaminants such as lead, chlorine, and cysts from the water. When it comes to Culligan, you know it makes some of the best and most reputable water softener systems and water filtration units on the market. You rarely can go wrong with a Culligan product and this one does not fall far from the family tree either.
Culligan FM-15A Faucet-Mount Advanced Water Filter Tech Specs and Features
A handy switch also allows you to switch immediately from filtered water to non-filtered water should you choose. The filters have a reasonably long lifespan of 200 gallons, but the system lacks a digital filter life indicator.
This faucet water filter reduces azine, chlorine, lindane, lead, particulates class I, and turbidity while removing bad taste/odor from the water.
- NSF certification
- Good value
- Filter life sticker
- A flow rate of 0.5 GPM at 60 psi
- Filter life: Up to 2 months or 200 gallons, depending on usage and water conditions
- Includes adapters for all standard sink nozzles (but does not fit drop-down faucets)
There is also a sticker attached to the filters which do this job, but it is not as accurate as a digital meter. The filters are effective, but the unit lacks some of the clever features of competitors.
A great value, no-frills unit. The NSF certification means its an effective filtration system. The best water filter for faucets when it comes to value for money.
- Advanced Filter Faucet Mount with 0.5 GPM flow rate at 60 psi
- Simple diverter tab allows quick switch from advanced quality filtered…
- Faucet filter and cartridge are easy-to-install, no tools required
Why Get the Best Faucet Water Filter System this Year?
Kitchen faucet filter systems (or water filters for sinks) are a cost-effective solution to water contamination. They are among the cheapest forms of water filtration available to you in your home.
They are very easily maintained, with filter replacements required every few months. Installation and maintenance are very manageable. Installation requires no tools, and is simply a matter of clipping the filter on to the end of your kitchen faucet.
It is important to understand what is contaminating your water before committing to a purchase of a water filter, no matter what kind it is. As usual, before you start shopping for under-sink water filters, countertop water filters, or water filter pitchers, you should test your water first.
If the water is really bad or you rely exclusively on a private well for all your daily needs, then a reverse osmosis filter is the answer. A kitchen faucet filter system does a great job in most situations though and costs a fraction of the price. Just be aware that the best tap water filter is no match for a good RO system.
Pros and Cons of the Best Faucet Water Filters
Each type of water filter excels in different areas. This is how a faucet system checks out.
- Relatively cheap (much cheaper than reverse osmosis and whole house filters
- Provide adequate filtration for most contaminants
- Very easily installed and maintained (no tools or special skills). The best faucet filters are installed in a minute or two.
- Not as effective against the smallest particle contaminants
- Only filters the water at one point in the home
Make sure you check out our water filter faucet reviews to see how the top rated water filtration faucets compare.
How to Buy a Faucet Water Filter: Short Guide
We hope you enjoyed reading about the best faucet water filters, but how do you choose the perfect product for your needs and preferences? Below are some essential features to consider throughout your search that should help.
The average faucet filter lasts between 100 and 300 gallons of water before you need to replace the product. To determine the ideal life for you, consider how many people live in your household and how often you use purified water. If there are more than five people in the house, a 300-gallon faucet filter will last up to four months, on average.
The best faucet water filters come equipped with a 360-degree swivel feature to provide easy access to your clean water from the sink or bath. This feature comes at an additional cost, though it’s worth it for easy access.
The main objective of purchasing a faucet water filter is for clean, fresh, and healthy water, and the filter detection system is an essential feature to research. Fortunately, many products make it easy to detect your water’s cleanliness via an LED display system. Many advanced faucet water filters will also notify you when it’s time to replace the water filter.
Ideally, the faucet water filter won’t take up much counter space, though this isn’t always the case. Positioning your water filter on display in your kitchen can look unattractive and be inconvenient as you’re left with limited space. Alternatively, you can opt for a product that can be easily hidden under your sink.
Resistant to Water Marks
Finally, if you like to keep your bathroom or kitchen clean and consider yourself a perfectionist, we recommend opting for a product that comes with a spot resistance. This feature means that the water filter has a barrier that protects it against old watermarks and fingerprint stains to keep your home looking clean and tidy.
That concludes our faucet water filter reviews post for 2020. If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to get in contact. We promise to reply quickly.
Faucet mounted water filters are convenient, cheap, and reasonably effective. But, if you need a more powerful solution to water pollution then we recommend reverse osmosis or whole house water filters. They are more expensive but more effective. Here at WaterFilterAnswers.com we have many specialist pages regarding these two methods.
We’ll add to this post when we find other water filters for sinks that we believe deserve your attention. If you’d like to stay up to date with all of our news, as well as the latest news regarding water filters and water pollution, then please follow us on Facebook. There’s a link in the top right corner of the page.